Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Perfect St. Paddy's Day Toddler Dress???

Did you ever have something in mind that you wanted to buy, but could never find it?  That's how it's been with finding the perfect toddler St. Patrick's day dress.  I had this image in my mind, and when I went to buy it, it couldn't be found.

Oh, some came close, but ultimately I knew I was going to have to break out the thinking cap, and the sewing machine, and make it myself.

Here are the three images I'm using as a guide:

Recycled crafts:  toddler and child tutu
Pin It This dress actually came the closest to what I want:  the color is perfect,
but I want the tutu to be part of the bodice, and I want a skirt underlay.  (It's also $119!)




Recycled crafts:  toddler and child tutu
Pin It This one also comes close--the bodice is very high
and the tulle long, but too long, and too full.  And $99.95.  :(

Recycled crafts:  toddler and child tutu
Pin It This one has the skirt underlay, and while the length could be shorter,
the fullness is just right.  Although it doesn't have the high bodice, I like the wide ribbon.
Unfortunately, it's out of my price range at $99.95.

Now the dress I'm thinking of won't be worn at a wedding; it's just meant to be a pretty little dress for a pretty little girl to wear on St. Patrick's Day, and possibly become a fun dress-up outfit after that.  So I don't want to put the time into it that was obviously put into these dresses.

I'm also keeping the following in mind, hoping they'll keep me grounded (in other words, keep me from making one of the above dresses):

Recycled crafts:  toddler and child tutu
Pin It Perfectly cute, perfectly acceptable, not what I had in mind (except the shamrocks in the tulle).

Recycled crafts:  toddler and child tutu
Pin It Another cute one, and actually what I had in mind before the "perfect dress" vision.

Recycled crafts:  toddler and child tutu
Pin It Another cutie, and I'll probably mix in white like this one.

What do you think?  Is my vision impossible to make on the fly?  Have you seen my perfect dress?

In any case, wish me luck, and go get crafty!

~Sister #2



2 comments:

  1. Always be sure to follow copyright law and credit the designer when you post their images.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Those Crafty Sister are 
ready to create a unique upcycled, 
recycled, craft gift or teach you 
basic diy craft skills. Join us 
at http://thosecraftysisters.blogspot.com/, 
our craft blog where you can see what 
we've been crafting and sharing lately.
Pin It