Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Great Apron Search

A friend of mine loves aprons--she wears one almost every day and loves to change them out with new and different patterns.  Her birthday is coming up, and because I love to give gifts from the heart, I went searching for just the right apron to make.  Here are a few I stumbled across, complete with tutorials:


Recycled Crafts:  holiday apron
Pin It Jona's Holiday Apron-in-an-Hour at Stop Staring and Start Sewing includes a down-loadable pdf.
Recycled Crafts:  ruffled apron
Pin It I  couldn't find the original designer of this beautiful apron, but here is a link to the instructions at Spotlight.com.au.Rows and rows of ruffles.
il_430xN_63297381
Pin It Vintage pillowcase apron by Laura at Decor to Adore includes a video tutorial.


Handmade Apron
Pin It Mini retro apron by Jill at Homemade by Jill
Mini Retro with Ruffles Apron
Pin It Mini retro with a ruffle by Stephanie from The Petite Sewist. Her tutorial was featured by Jenny over at Days of Chalk and Chocolate.


Ruffled Apron with Embellished Pocket
Pin It Mandy over at Sugar Bee Crafts created this apron as a gift for her mom--super cute with ruffle and embellished pocket!
denim apron
Pin It Mommy Knows created this apron based on directions from sew simple magazine.   She claims to sew like a drunk driver, but I absolutely adore it!
I still haven't decided which one I'll ultimately make myself.  What do you think?  Have you created an apron that would make a great gift for an apron lover?  Let me know!

Until next time, 
have a great day, and 
Go Get Crafty, Sister!
~Sister #1

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you SO very much for featuring the pillowcase apron. There are so many great aprons listed here. I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout-out! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Those Crafty Sister are 
ready to create a unique upcycled, 
recycled, craft gift or teach you 
basic diy craft skills. Join us 
at http://thosecraftysisters.blogspot.com/, 
our craft blog where you can see what 
we've been crafting and sharing lately.
Pin It